Friday, March 4, 2011

Dipping my toes into the technology pool...

I have recently decided that I need to emerse myself more in the new technologies that seem so second-nature to many of the students I  teach.  I lament the long learning curve that I anticipate with some of them, but I'm sure that the effort will eventually be well worth it.

I have already used, and am perfecting, PowerPoint as a tool to teach grammar points to students.  One of the things that I like is that the students can view the slideshows at their convenience and many times, should they so desire.  I never expected them to learn in one showing.

I have recently been told of ANIMOTO, a free program that lets teachers and others collect pictures and text in a very nice presentation form that includes music.  More on that later.

My wish list includes teaching myself Flash to be able create a short animation to teach basic grammar and possibly, iSpring Presenter, which will allow me to narrate as well as add music and videos to PowerPoints.

Watch for further posts to find out how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment